|Open Two Seater|
|Right Hand Drive|
26 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 21 May 2020.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Photos of 660294
Click slide for larger image. This car has 27 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (10)
Uploaded May 2020:
Uploaded December 2019:
Uploaded October 2006:
Interior Photos (1)
Action Photos (3)
Details Photos: Exterior (5)
Detail Photos: Interior (4)
Detail Photos: Engine (4)
Uploaded May 2020:
Uploaded December 2019:
Uploaded October 2006:
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2006-10-25 12:22:03 | pauls writes:
Car offered at:
Jaguar XK120 Roadster. 1950. Chassis number 660294. Registration number GEF 120. Finished in red with new biscuit leather trim. 68000 miles. Genuine right hand drive car with matching numbers and verified by the Jaguar Heritage Trust.
The vehicle has undergone a full chassis upwards rebuild by a local Jaguar specialist and benefits from a newly completed £5k full retrim. Details of the rebuild and further pictures available on request.
I am a Jaguar Driver's Club member and the car has been in my possession since 1990 and is being sold as I have decided to reduce my private car collection. Other vehicles being sold include a 1974 E type V12 roadster and a 1990 Lamborghini Countach anniversary model which has covered only 1900 miles from new.
The price of the XK120 is £36950
2008-08-29 04:08:09 | db writes:
Reported in January 1974 to have the UK registration number SOW 666
2019-11-02 22:26:19 | Reno writes:
now the early XK120 is back on Auction: www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2019-11-23/cars/ref-120-1950-jaguar-xk-120-r ...
Lot 154 - 1950 Jaguar XK120 Roadster (3.4 litre)
Registration GEF 120 Chassis Number 660294 Engine Number W2155-7 Odometer reading 65,000 miles Estimate £80,000 - £90,000
Result Sold - £73,000
Chassis 660294 was dispatched to the Channel Islands from the Midlands on 5th December and onto St Helier Garages, the Jaguar main dealer on Jersey. Finished in an ‘Old English’ hue with a Biscuit and tan interior this 120 would have ‘turned heads’ en route to its first owner Robert L Sangan. Robert (known as Bob) was Honorary Secretary of the Jersey Motorcycle Club and Light Car Club and a keen racer who entered the 120 (registered J10933) in the Bouley Bay Hillclimb on 26th July 1951 taking the unmodified over 3000cc class in a time of 65.8 seconds.
The Jersey International was Britain’s first post war Grand Prix in 1947 and the event continued to attract the top teams and drivers for several years. By 1952 GP cars were considered too fast for the course so it became a sports car event with one entry of note, local driver Frank Le Gallais piloting an XK120. Le Gallais had previous form in the Jersey Road Race, in 1949 he drove a Talbot in the finals but was also a well-respected hill climb expert with his single seat (twin rear wheel) Le Gallais Special. Powered by a rather ‘hot’ rear mounted XK engine coupled to a Citroen gearbox, it was this powerplant that would be installed into Bob Sangan’s 120 for the 20-lap race through the streets of Jersey on the 10th July 1952. In the first heat a fine 4thwas achieved behind George Abecassis in a factory DB3 Aston which led to a starting position of 10th in the main race where Le Gallais hustled the Jaguar into a creditable 8th overall; just behind Roy Salvadori with two Ecurie Ecosse XK120s in 5th and 6th places. Ian Stewart took overall victory in front of a Frazer-Nash and a pair of DB3’s winning at an average of 87.44mph in one of the first outings for the all new C-Type Jag. After the race our XK120 was reunited with its original engine and would be campaigned and enjoyed by Bob Sangan for several more years including another podium at Bouley Bay in 1954. The car crossed to the mainland in 1957 and found a new home in the East Riding of Yorkshire, by which time its exterior colour had changed to blue. With its new registration SOW 666 it was in the hands of Terence Shaw of Brough in April 1970, then moved onto Keith Knowles, resident of Wilberfoss three years later. In May 1974 the ‘buff’ logbook showed it was registered to Geoffrey Charlton but then crossed out and the name of Colin Musgrave installed two weeks later. He then sold the car to Geoffrey Charlton who we assume supplied the reg number GEF 120, then strangely it returned to Colin Musgrave in October of the same year. The next owner Douglas Hunt ran a wedding car business in Cleveland; he purchased the Jag in 1983 with all intentions of restoration, but this never happened and by the time Douglas Anderson took over in 1990 the car was in poor condition. Trailer bound and refinished in flat white Mr Anderson took great strides to salvage the 120 spending over £50k on a ground up restoration which took place over a decade, finally refinished in red with a superb interior installed by The Trim Centre in Nuneaton that remains in place to this day. In 2007 the final transfer took place as GEF 120 headed to the centre of the South Downs and the village of Petworth near Goodwood. It was then that the current owner put it into the knowledgeable hands of Country Classic Cars in Midhurst. It was then the subject of a full restoration, both bodywork/chassis and many mechanical upgrades comprising a conversion to a 12 volt battery, electronic ignition fitted and a front disc brake conversion together with a servo. A Kenlowe fan and alloy header tank were fitted, and an alternator conversion and a manual choke conversion carried out. The rear brakes were overhauled and a full stainless steel exhaust system was fitted. The dampers were replaced and it sits on a new set of Michelin radial tyres. Prior to the above, the engine was internally inspected and the mileage we believe is genuine according to the owner, although not warranted. The gearbox was stripped and rebuilt together with a new clutch fitted. The car had a full bare metal respray, fabrication and brightwork. The bare metal being treated to two coats of epoxy resin, primer, direct gloss and premium lacquer. The interior was retrimmed with quality hide in a contrasting tan colour. The above, combined with numerous additional mechanical works carried out, (which can be found in the history file) makes for a very useable and enjoyable XK120 which will return reliability for many a year to come. This vehicle is supplied with a matching spare wheel, tonneau, original green log book and Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate.
At the time of writing, conversations are taking place with the aim of returning this Jaguar to Jersey for the 75th anniversary of the first International Road Race in 2022. It will also be 70 years since chassis 660294 raced around the 5.1 kms circuit, with interested parties hopeful it could even be re-clothed for the seventh time in its original white; a romantic vision maybe, but it would complete the circle in this cat’s many lives.
2020-05-21 09:01:00 | pauls writes:
Car now offered at:
This genuine RHD 1950 Jaguar XK120 Roadster was supplied new to Jersey in November 1950. Its first owner, Bob Sangan, was the honorary secretary of the Jersey Light Car and Motorcycle Club, so it's no surprise the car comes with early competition history; hill-climbed by Bob and raced in the 1952 Jersey Grand Prix, driven by Frank Le Gallais.
The car was bought back to the mainland in 1957. The vehicle comes with the old-style cardboard logbook, which confirms this, and has remained in the UK ever since. It is also accompanied with Jaguar heritage certificate, excellent history file, period competition photographs and the attractive registration number, GEF 120.
These original RHD XK120 roadsters do not often come on the market and this particular example is certainly worth a look.