|Open Two Seater|
|Left Hand Drive|
|1954||British Racing Green|
14 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 24 April 2013.
Database Updates: Show dataplate edits
Photos of 673690
Click slide for larger image. This car has 15 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (12)
Uploaded October 2013:
Uploaded April 2013:
Detail Photos: Interior (2)
Detail Photos: Engine (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2013-04-23 20:28:44 | pauls writes:
Car to be at auction 4/13
Lot 415 - 1954 Jaguar XK120 Roadster
Estimate: £65,000 - £75,000
Registration Number: EU Registered
Chassis Number: 673690
This fabulous XK120 Roadster was supplied to its first owner , an English diplomat , who was posted in Geneva, Switzerland, where the car was first registered in 1954. After a period of twelve years the car was sold (1966) to Mr Jean Rocher of France, where it was maintained as part of his collection, and restored to an 'as new' condition. The car was used very little after this 66' restoration until it was sold in 2001 to the current vendor. Numerous works were completed between 2002 and 2004 for which there is invoice history supplied with the car.
Work included repainting the car, re-trimming with beige leather seats and matched wool carpets, a replacement clutch, steel exhaust line, cylinder and head gaskets and much more. The hood and tonneau cover are described to be in excellent condition. The car participated in the "rally de Princesses" in 2006 without any problems, ever since then it has been used regularly and runs excellently.
The car is presented today in what can only be described as pristine condition making it an ideal addition to any existing or new collection of highly desirable concours classic Motor Cars.
2013-06-09 08:57:55 | pauls writes:
The June 2013 edition of the XK Gazette reports the car sold for EU63,400.
2013-10-30 17:15:25 | pauls writes:
Car now on ebay:
Classified ad, asking £86,000
Originaly exported to the USA as a left hand drive car. It was then purchased by an English diplomat who took the car to Geneva and owned it until 1966 when it was sold to a Mr Jean Rocher where it formed part of his private collection (very seldom used) until 2001. It was then sold to its last owner. It was he that undertook a very thorough and sympathetic refurbishment to its present stunning condition and converted it to RHD. This is a matching numbers car that has required very little in the way of restoration just an on going program of high standard maintenance. 48k miles.